The Pacesetter Award is given annually to recognize the accomplishments of an individual who attended John A. Logan College after June 30th, 2013.
The recipient of the Pacesetter Award will be presented with an appropriate plaque at the John A. Logan College Commencement ceremony in May.
Nominations received on or before February 16th, 2024, will be eligible for the award.
A committee will then make the final selection.
- Overcoming life’s obstacles (especially those who were non-traditional students)
- Demonstrated promise and distinction in the chosen career or field of study
- Humanitarian service that has proven greatly beneficial to society
- Continued interest in and support of education and community colleges
- Completion of a recognized program of instruction (including dual credit courses) or attendance for at least 30 semester hours at an Illinois public community college after June 30, 2013
The John A. Logan College Pacesetter of the Year will be nominated for the Illinois Community College Trustees Association (ICCTA) Pacesetter Award. The nominee from John A. Logan College will be invited to attend the awards banquet in Lombard, IL, where the statewide winner will be announced.